As the primary structural foundation for almost all construction, soil materials play an essential role in the ultimate success of a project. BS EN carry out tests specified in BS 1377 and EN ISO 17892, from necessary classification testing to chemical testing.
BS EN laboratory perform in-house and onsite testing of soil materials used for subgrades, structural fills, roadways, and dams, providing valuable information that assists design engineers in achieving sound engineering practices.
BS EN SOIL TESTING
- Particle size distribution
- Particle density
- Bulk density
- Compaction test (maximum & minimum dry density)
- Moisture/water content
- Atterberg limit (liquid limit & plasticity index) Linear shrinkage
- California Bearing Ratio (CBR)
- Consolidated Drained Shear Box Test
- Direct shear box*
- Unconfined compressive strength*
- Constant & falling head permeability*
- One Dimensional Consolidation*
- UU, CU & CD*
- Triaxial permeability*
- pH value
- Organic matter
- Mass loss of ignition
- Sulphate content
- Chloride content
- Soil resistivity*
Note: Item marked (*) are externally provided.